Orthodontics is not just for kids and teens anymore. In fact, 1 in every 5 patients in our practice are adults. No one is too old for orthodontic treatment. We find our adult patients especially appreciate the benefits of a beautiful smile on one’s well-being and self-confidence. Improving the health of your teeth and gums is equally important since crooked teeth and a bad bite can contribute to gum and bone loss, tooth decay, abnormal wear of the tooth enamel surfaces, headaches and jaw joint pain (TMJ/TMD).
Benefits of Adult Treatment
- Align the teeth to create a more aesthetic and beautiful smile
- Improve the ability to brush and floss, especially for crowded or overlapping lower front teeth
- Create a better or more comfortable bite and ability to chew
- Reduce excessive wear on the teeth due to grinding or poor bite
- Address missing teeth
- Close spaces between the teeth
- Jaw surgery to correct discrepancy between the upper and lower jaws.
- Correct relapse after previous orthodontic treatment due to lack of long term retainer wear
GOOD NEWS #1!
Many adults are concerned with the appearance of braces. However, adults are pleasantly surprised by the variety aesthetic treatment options we offer to fit the lifestyles of parents and professionals. Your options may include Invisalign, clear braces, and Incognito (braces on the back of your teeth). You’ll be pleasantly surprised by what we can do for you!
GOOD NEWS #2!
The new techniques and appliances we use greatly reduce discomfort levels, decrease the frequency of visits, and shorten overall treatment time. At Oshawa Centre Orthodontics, we now have the technology and expertise to complete treatment up to 50% faster than traditional methods. Contact us for a free smile consultation to learn more